Monday, September 8, 2008

Las Vegas


To end the summer off, I went down to Las Vegas with Vanessa. We left August 20th and came back the 23rd.



The first night when we got there we just swam and chilled at the hotel because we were both exhausted and Vanessa wasn't feeling very well. Thursday we went to the strip and went to Bellagio's gardens which are BEAUTIFUL! A definite must see.










Then for all of those of you who know this about me, I am obsessed with M&M's. I often make the comment that if my future husband provides me with M&M's and a crushed ice maker, I will be happy and content with life. HAHA! We then went and bought these half off coupons to Planet Hollywood and had an amazing lunch. The food was delicious. We went back to the hotel for some swimming and chillaxing! That night we were feeling adventurous and went to Stratosphere and rode the ride at the top of the building. It was so crazy. When you get off the elevator at the 108th floor I felt as though the building was swaying, and that I was going to fall over the edge. CRAZY! The ride was very fun, but I screamed my little heart out on it. It was a blast, I have never done it before and was so glad to finally have the opportunity.




Friday morning me and V decided to go where neither of us have gone in all the many times we have both been to Vegas. We drove about a half hour and went to see the Hoover Dam. It was so cool. So much history is there, and to be a part of it was amazing! I also got to stradle the Nevada-Arizone state line, so I can say I have been in two places at once. Walk to remember style.







On our way back to the hotel we went to Cheesecake Factory, which is so amazing! We went back to the hotel to swim and enjoy our time.






V wasn't feeling up to doing anything, but I got bored so I went to the strip by myself. It was crazy, fun, and scary all wrapped in to one. I went and gambled at New York New York for a minute, I think I lost 5 bucks. Big spender I know. Next, I ventured down to the Mirage and Treasure Island hotels. As I was driving on the strip, my car overheated. Frustrations. The car has been continually overheating all summer. They keep fixing it for me free of charge because it isn't my fault. I got back to the hotel around 830. I knew the dealer service center would be closed but I tried to call them anyways. I called the VW dealer 3 miles away from our hotel, and the service guy told me that the service department was open until midnight and that if I took my car over there he would look at it for me. Well they looked at it and said the fan wasn't working but in 110 degree weather that tends to happen. He said we could make it back to Utah if we didn't use AC the whole way home. So we left saturday morning in HOT weather without the AC for the whole 6 hour ride home. The next week when I took the car in to get fixed they said they couldn't find anything wrong, and it has been working great ever since....who knows anymore!


2 comments:

Clark Family said...

I've never been to the hoover dam...but vegas at least 10 times! I should go there next time.

Jamie Blake said...

"Walk to Remember style!" haha I love it! Looks like you had fun!